Old April 1st 13, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default taxi fares in London

In message

, at 10:28:42 on Mon, 1 Apr 2013, Recliner

remarked:
They also don't have the right to use the bus lanes, whereas black cabs do.

True. Do black cabs have to pay the cc?

TfL: "You are also exempt if your vehicle is a London licensed minicab or
taxi (licensed with TfL Taxi and Private Hire)."

I think my local (suburban) minicabs do have to pay the cc, even though
they're TfL licensed, so I wonder which minicabs are exempt? Perhaps they
have to be based in central London?

The TfL site does not give the impression there's any such
discrimination (assuming they are both registered with TTPH).