Old April 1st 13, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default taxi fares in London

" wrote:
On 01/04/2013 16:28, Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at 10:06:35 on Mon, 1 Apr 2013, Recliner remarked:
They also don't have the right to use the bus lanes, whereas black cabs do.

True. Do black cabs have to pay the cc?

TfL: "You are also exempt if your vehicle is a London licensed minicab or
taxi (licensed with TfL Taxi and Private Hire)."

I think my local (suburban) minicabs do have to pay the cc, even though
they're TfL licensed, so I wonder which minicabs are exempt? Perhaps they
have to be based in central London?

Are they outside of London proper? That would be the reason, I imagine.

Definitely in the TfL licensed minicab area, but also about eight miles
from the cc area.