Old April 1st 13, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default taxi fares in London

In article , () wrote:

On 01/04/2013 16:28, Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message

,
at 10:06:35 on Mon, 1 Apr 2013, Recliner
remarked:
They also don't have the right to use the bus lanes, whereas black
cabs do.

True. Do black cabs have to pay the cc?

TfL: "You are also exempt if your vehicle is a London licensed minicab
or taxi (licensed with TfL Taxi and Private Hire)."

I think my local (suburban) minicabs do have to pay the cc, even though
they're TfL licensed, so I wonder which minicabs are exempt? Perhaps
they have to be based in central London?

Are they outside of London proper? That would be the reason, I
imagine.

Unlikely. Taxi and hire car legislation in London is quite different from
that outside.

Colin Rosenstiel