Old April 2nd 13, 06:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_3_] Basil Jet[_3_] is offline

Default taxi fares in London

On 2013\04\01 16:28, Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at 10:06:35 on Mon, 1 Apr 2013, Recliner remarked:
They also don't have the right to use the bus lanes, whereas black cabs do.

True. Do black cabs have to pay the cc?

TfL: "You are also exempt if your vehicle is a London licensed minicab or
taxi (licensed with TfL Taxi and Private Hire)."

I think my local (suburban) minicabs do have to pay the cc, even though
they're TfL licensed, so I wonder which minicabs are exempt? Perhaps they
have to be based in central London?

All London licensed minicabs are exempt from the CC. Anyone can get any
vehicle, even a pickup truck, registered as a minicab and so become
exempt from CC without being involved in any minicab company. If some
company is telling the passenger that they have to pay it so that they
can pass that charge on to the passenger, you should name and shame the
company, because either they are passing on a non-existent charge
(immoral and possibly illegal) or they are using vehicles which are not
licensed as minicabs (illegal).