Old April 6th 13, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default taxi fares in London

On 02/04/2013 07:46, Basil Jet wrote:

On 2013\04\01 16:28, Recliner wrote:
[...]
I think my local (suburban) minicabs do have to pay the cc, even though
they're TfL licensed, so I wonder which minicabs are exempt? Perhaps
they have to be based in central London?

All London licensed minicabs are exempt from the CC. Anyone can get any
vehicle, even a pickup truck, registered as a minicab and so become
exempt from CC without being involved in any minicab company. If some
company is telling the passenger that they have to pay it so that they
can pass that charge on to the passenger, you should name and shame the
company, because either they are passing on a non-existent charge
(immoral and possibly illegal) or they are using vehicles which are not
licensed as minicabs (illegal).

Which is pretty much what I was going to say. I remember when the CC was
first introduced (blimey, over 10 years ago now! - 17 Feb 2003) there
was specific advice regarding watching out for any (London) minicabs
that might try to add a 'CC surcharge', given that they were exempt from
the charge from day one.