Old April 16th 13, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default taxi fares in London

On 16/04/2013 16:41, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2013\04\16 08:24, Robin9 wrote:
TraVeller13;136735 Wrote:
Hey Roland, walking seems the cheapest way, but I thought of a way that
is much more comfortable.
I go by plane to London and travel with my two children. Usually we take
cabs but it happened very often, that the cab drivers do not have child
safety seats - and we need two. I thougt of a car service that picks us
up at the airport an dirves us to the hotel.
Any affordable ideas?
Thanks

Take your own child safety seats and order a minicab.

Minicab drivers tend to work 12 hour shifts seven days a week. Children
would be safer in a taxi without special seats than in a minicab with
them. I suspect children would be safer riding on the roof of a taxi
wearing a jumpsuit made of banana skins than in the back of a minicab.

Black cab drivers will also work 12-hour shifts -- easily.