Old April 6th 04, 08:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Gareth Davis Gareth Davis is offline

Default Local/Express bus routes

"Sky Fly" wrote in message ...
Here's an idea I thought about to improve bus services in
London. Instead of having all bus routes serve all bus stops
in London, there would be a division of bus routes into
'local' and 'express' bus routes.

[snip]

I'm sure they exist already. I remember an express version of the 68
(X68 maybe?) that ran non-stop from Croydon to Waterloo in the morning
peak and the reverse in the evening peak. This was a little annoying
for me since I sometimes needed to travel between offices in Holborn
and Croydon at the time but the express service was always going in
the wrong direction when I wanted to travel.

--
Gareth Davis