Old April 29th 13, 10:32 PM posted to uk.railway,cam.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Rail replacement bus gets lost

In article ,
(Roger Lynn) wrote:

On 28/04/13 16:24, allan tracy wrote:
All too often these problems come about because TOC managers fail to
appreciate the complexities involved in providing bus replacement.

On the face of it, it's all too easy to assume that any fool could
drive a bus from say Coventry to Birmingham New St.

But, try doing it via every local station, along the way, you probably
couldn't find a more illogical road route.

Some TOCs when they have pre-planned bustition run separate buses for
through passengers and those wanting intermediate stations, sometimes with
different buses picking up and dropping off at the intermediate stations
so that they can meet trains at both ends of the blockade. I think I
remember both GNER and Chiltern doing this.

It was done the weekend just past by Cross Country between Peterborough and
Cambridge, but not last weekend when my wife was travelling that way. So she
went by train via Hitchin.

Colin Rosenstiel