Old May 16th 13, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Greenline 757 coach (Victoria to Luton) no longer reaches the airport

Clive Page wrote:

Then at the airport the shuttle bus doesn't actually reach the bus
station outside the terminal, but leaves everyone on the far side of the
car drop-off point. Passengers then have to negotiate a couple of
hundred yards of railed-off pathways and cross several roads to reach the
terminal. The whole thing adds at least 15 minutes and a huge amount of
inconvenience to the journey. I can't imagine why they have done this -
perhaps it's so they can save a tiny amount in charges by avoiding use of
the bus station at the airport?

No, it's because the airport have signed an agreement with National Express
for exclusive access, so Green Line (Arriva) are no longer allowed in for
London services at any price. I understand they are taking legal action.
If this isn't successful, I expect the service will be deregistered and go
away or become a less frequent Luton town to London commuter bus, but as
it's a registered local bus service (because of the distance between stops)
56 days notice must be given.

To be fair to them they've cut the fare to pay for the inconvenience.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.