Old April 7th 04, 05:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Subway (New York) vs Underground (London) [Quite long]

Neil Williams writes:
That's not the issue - an Underground station must be staffed for safety
reasons (in case an evacuation is required) because of being, umm,
underground.

What about the many Underground stations that are not underground, then?
--
Mark Brader | "For the stronger we our houses do build,
Toronto | The less chance we have of being killed."