Old June 18th 13, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default BBC2 "Airport Live" from Heathrow

In message

, at 15:41:04 on Mon, 17 Jun 2013, Recliner

remarked:
I wonder how much warning Kate Humble had that she'd be standing in for Dan
Snow? I don't think she's an aviation geek, so must have had to bone up
quite a bit.

About the only aviation thing she did was identify a 747, which isn't
that difficult. As for her overall tenor, "over-excited" doesn't even
begin to describe it.

I found the swapping between live and recorded segments poorly managed,
with often only a change of clothes revealing which was which.

Most surprising revelation, that BA's chief Pilot had never been up
that[1] control tower before. I'd expect that someone in his position
would make more of an effort to build bonds between the various
professions at work.

[1] He said he'd been up the one it replaces.