Old June 19th 13, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default authentic english village near London

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:
Roland Perry wrote
at 08:38:14 on Wed, 19 Jun
2013, Adrian remarked:

Whilst Windsor and Eton are lovely, and well worth a daytrip,

they're not
really "old rural England".

It's never been the same since those incomers built a castle there.

Yeah, all the visitors ask why it was built so close to Heathrow.

For a old village, continue along the Thames to Bray (as in Vicar of)
and, if you are very rich, your choice of ***** eateries otherwise eat
in Windsor or Eton.

You have to book a long way in advance for the Fat Duck or Waterside Inn.
The Hinds Head now also has a Michelin star (not really deserved IMHO), so
that probably gets booked up as well. But at least it features authentic
old English recipes.

With two of the best restaurants in the UK (for a while, the Fat Duck was
ranked the best in the world), I don't think you could really call Bray an
authentic old British village (though I once saw an episode of Morse being
shot in the local church).