Old June 23rd 13, 07:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default The Boris Bus.

"Stephen Furley" wrote:
"Recliner" wrote in message ...

I looked at Victoria the other day, and all the 38s in the queue were
conventional buses, so perhaps the NB4L prototypes have been
withdrawn. I suppose their new role might be to test out other routes
for production models. Or maybe they've gone back to Wright to be
upgraded to production spec?

I tried them out in January on the 38 route, and took a few pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/recline...7632900943469/

I do use the 38 from time, but never with one of the new buses. Do you
know how they differ from the production series?

No, no idea. I know one of the problems with the prototypes was that they
were very heavy, so perhaps the production versions have been on a diet,
but I don't know if that will have led to any visible changes. I also
thought the prototype's engine was a bit noisy, but again, if they've
improved the engine mounts or insulation, I don't know if one could see any
changes.