Old June 24th 13, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default The Boris Bus.

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 00:35:01 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 21:46:19 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 19:16:59
on Sun, 23 Jun 2013, Stephen Furley remarked:
I just noticed that you said this was on Friday. I'm pretty sure
Saturday was their first day on the 24, so the one you saw was probably
either being moved to whatever depot they operate from, or on crew
training, and not actually in service.

Is the depot inside the congestion zone (the bus I saw was about a
minute outside, heading in).

No - they're based at Holloway garage which is just down the road from
Archway Tube. It backs on to the Barking - Gospel Oak line.

I wonder if an area with steep hills is the best place to use a hybrid. On
the one hand you can recover a lot of energy going down the hill, on the
other I can imagine a lot of overheating traction motors going up highgate
hill. If the route goes that way of course.

--
Spud