Old April 7th 04, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Canning Town footpaths

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 at 20:19:39, Robin May
wrote:

I was cycling there quite recently and came across someone who told me
it was planned to open later this year (September of November I think,
but can't quite remember).

They are certainly working on the footpaths in the area; the footbridge
over the Lea is nearly ready, I think, but marred by not-quite-ready
footpaths on the Canning Town side, and you still have to walk over the
road bridge to get to the station. I don't think the footpath I
mentioned earlier is in use - I had a fairly thorough look this morning,
but there seems to be no way to get across the tracks!

Thanks for your answers, anyway! Maybe one day the paths and park will
open and we'll all have a pleasant surprise.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004