Old June 27th 13, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default 8.5% cut in central govt grant to TfL; suburban West Anglia trainsto be devolved to TfL control

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:01:33 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:15:10 +0200, Robin9
wrote:

'Recliner[_2_ Wrote:
;137694']Mizter T wrote:-
The Mayor's press release trumpets the long term 6 year funding
settlement from the Treasury.

http://tinyurl.com/nqgocgr-

I'm surprised no-one commented on the Goblin electrification and WA news
in
this and my previous piston the same topic.

I'm surprised the Goblin electrification comes in at only £90 million.
If it can be done so cheaply, why wasn't it done sooner?

TfL have been arguing it can be done for far *less* than £90m. Network
Rail are doing detailed surveys and costings to try to get a firm
estimate and achieveable methodology for doing the work. TfL have also
suggested that any "compensation payments" that would to go LOROL when
the line is closed for improvements could be waived to get the costs
down.

I am delighted we have got the go ahead - the extra capacity is
urgently needed. The only worry is that work will probably not start
until 2015/16 (a guess on my part btw).

I've lost track of what length 378s would be used on this route: 3, 4
or 5 car trains?