Old June 28th 13, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default 8.5% cut in central govt grant to TfL; suburban West Anglia trainsto be de

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:26:29 -0500,
wrote:

In article ,

(Tim Roll-Pickering) wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

I'm surprised no-one commented on the Goblin electrification and WA
news in this and my previous piston the same topic.

[snip]

I am delighted we have got the go ahead - the extra capacity is
urgently needed. The only worry is that work will probably not start
until 2015/16 (a guess on my part btw).

This leaves the issues of no through platforms at Gospel Oak and the
platform length at South Tottenham - have there been any feasibility
studies on either of these?

Are they planning to run west of Gospel Oak anyway? I agree South Tottenham
could be a problem,. I presume the 378s do SDO?

I have seen nothing rumoured or hinted at about running beyond Gospel
Oak. The problem is train paths. TfL have said they are trying to get
unused but historic freight paths surrendered on the NLL but I doubt
they would want to have NLL paths released but only use from Gospel
Oak westwards. They'd want to use them from Stratford to take pressure
off on the heavily loaded eastern section as well as the western bit.

Now that the Olympics are out of the way, why is the eastern section still
packed? is it all down to Westfield?