Old June 28th 13, 12:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default 8.5% cut in central govt grant to TfL; suburban West Anglia trainsto be de

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:28:17 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:20:05 -0500, Recliner
wrote:

Now that the Olympics are out of the way, why is the eastern section still
packed? is it all down to Westfield?

Well there is still massive construction work going on at the Olympic
site so plenty of construction workers travelling.

Westfield is a draw but loads of people catch trains at Hackney
Central and Homerton. The hospital is one source of demand but there
is plenty of housing and Overground fares are only 20p more than the
bus for PAYG and for a longish distance that makes it cheap. Not that
many buses from Hackney to Stratford or Highbury for connections to
other tubes and trains without a fare penalty.

Stratford is now one of the busiest stations in London - Diamond
Geezer had the numbers on his blog the other day - so no surprise that
the connectivity offered there will pull people on to Overground
services. Whenever I've used Stratford there is a constant stream of
people to / from the Overground platforms.

Yes, same here, though I expected it to drop after the Games. It's
very different to the old Silverlink service from the low level (now
DLR) platforms.