Old July 6th 13, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_3_] Basil Jet[_3_] is offline

Default 8.5% cut in central govt grant to TfL; suburban West Anglia trainstobe de

On 2013\07\06 21:29, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:25:30 on
Sat, 6 Jul 2013, Basil Jet remarked:
ps I know it's Network Rail rather than TfL, but I was somewhat amused
to see gleaming new LCD displays at Kings Cross's brand new concourse
showing "Windows XP" error messages this afternoon. It's only six years
out of date.

Just because the displays are new does not prove that the computer
controlling them is new.

The display in question is at least 100 cable-ft from somewhere you
might put a computer, if not inside the back of the display. In any
event, given how new and shiny the place is, why install six year old
computers in the back office.

LOL. I wasn't suggesting that they recently bought 6yo computers, merely
that the new LCDs were added to a system that was installed 6 years ago.