Old July 7th 13, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Eric[_3_] Eric[_3_] is offline

Default 8.5% cut in central govt grant to TfL; suburban West Angliatrainsto be de

On 2013-07-07, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:11:44 on
Sun, 7 Jul 2013, David Walters remarked:
And that's after a neat trick from the Northern Line - all trains from
Kings Cross were going to Hampstead, but I was going to Archway. I can't
see a stepless way of doing the change (there's two flights of stairs at
Camden Town)

I thought the stairs were only between the southbound platforms with
the northbound platforms both being on the same level as the bottom of
the escalators (ignoring the passageways at the south of the platforms
where the spiral stairs are)?

I followed the platform signage (ever hopeful) and we were sent down one
short flight, along a very short corridor, and up another short flight.
So they were on the same level, but there wasn't a cross passage (there,
anyway).

It's possible there's a cross passage at the bottom of the spiral
staircase (next to the "next train" signs), but maybe that's signed as
"no exit" from the platforms.

http://www.directenquiries.com/stati...70-0024411_L2R

The flat route is not near the spiral stairs, but somewhere near the
middle of the platforms.

Eric
--
ms fnd in a lbry