Old July 21st 13, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Silly 'break of journey' question

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

I'm 99.9% sure of this, but after advising a friend about ticketing
who is highly doubtful of my advice, I've stupidly allowed 0.1% of
doubt to creep in, so as a belt-and-braces measure I thought I'd just
quickly check here.

If one buy an Anytime single ticket from A to C, one can travel A to
B in the morning, go and do a day's work (or indeed go and 'do' a
day's fun etc), then travel from B to C in the evening and go home
(or go to the circus etc).

Similar problem I ran across asked by my daughter. She needs to come back
from Gatwick to Cambridge. As she flew out from Stansted she needs a single
ticket.

The problem is the flight arrival time is touch and go for catching the last
train with a connection that night to Cambridge. But the only GTW-CBG fare
is a day single as far as I can tell. So, can she get a ticket which allows
her complete her journey the next day, bearing in mind she may not know at
Gatwick which she will be doing?

--
Colin Rosenstiel