Old July 21st 13, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Silly 'break of journey' question

On 21/07/2013 22:11, wrote:

(Neil Williams) wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
I'm 99.9% sure of this, but after advising a friend about ticketing who
is highly doubtful of my advice, I've stupidly allowed 0.1% of doubt to
creep in, so as a belt-and-braces measure I thought I'd just
quickly check here.

If one buy an Anytime single ticket from A to C, one can travel A to B
in the morning, go and do a day's work (or indeed go and 'do' a day's
fun etc), then travel from B to C in the evening and go home (or go to
the circus etc).

Yes. The one exception is that if B is a Tube station when crossing
London as part of the ticket, you have to pay for the extra Tube trip from
B to the relevant London terminal to continue.

You can't even exit the tube at a station that isn't on the list for
cross-London journeys.

I think I've read conflicting info on this particular issue, but I
remember reading on the District Dave forum that in practice, LU staff
will let people out of a station (at least within central London) if
they ask. That said, it's certainly not the intention of the
cross-London tube transfer ticketing arrangements to facilitate this.