Old July 22nd 13, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Silly 'break of journey' question

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
16:01:34 on Sun, 21 Jul 2013,
remarked:
Similar problem I ran across asked by my daughter. She needs to come back
from Gatwick to Cambridge. As she flew out from Stansted she needs a
single ticket.

The problem is the flight arrival time is touch and go for catching the
last train with a connection that night to Cambridge. But the only
GTW-CBG fare is a day single as far as I can tell. So, can she get a
ticket which allows her complete her journey the next day, bearing in
mind she may not know at Gatwick which she will be doing?

The regular single has "no restrictions", which I think means that
section 16(ii) of the NCoC isn't over-riden, viz:

"stay in overnight accommodation when you cannot reasonably complete
your journey within one day"

Some tickets have a condition that you must resume the journey by
midday the second day, but not apparently this one.

I agree that as a "Day single" it could be argued that the validity
expires overnight anyway, but the National Rail site is silent about
any difference between "anytime", and "day" singles...

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_...pes/46550.aspx

Not on that link it isn't. "Anytime Day (Single and Return) tickets must be
used on the date shown on your ticket and up to 04:29 the following day.".
The only standard class fares offered are Anytime Day Singles, "Valid 1 day
only".

--
Colin Rosenstiel