Old April 8th 04, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Gatwick to Heathrow

In article ,
(David FitzGerald) wrote:

I have an unholy set of flights booked from the US which culminates in a
transfer from Gatwick Airport to Heathrow Airport for the final leg of
my journey. I only have 3 hours between landing and take off of the next
flight (need 40 minutes check in) and I assume it will take me 40
minutes to get out of Gatwick. This leaves me with about an hour and a
half to get from LGW to LHR.

Can anyone advise me as to the best way to do this? I'm thinking taxi,
but those Checker Cabs guys at G Gatwick always have a laugh with
prices. Last time it cost me £80 from LGW home to Islington! Any viable
public transport options?

The TFL journey planner suggests 1:31 to 1:50 hours. The quickest times
are on the hourly (xx:37 M-F) Brighton-Watford trains to West Brompton,
District to Earls Court then Piccadilly to Heathrow. The 1:47 to 1:52
timings are for GatEx or SCentral to Victoria, bus to Paddington and HEx
or SCentral to Clapham Jcn, SWT to Isleworth, bus to Hounslow bus station,
walk to Hounslow East and Piccadilly Line.

You may have no option but a cab. Can you book one from Victoria?

--
Colin Rosenstiel