Old July 25th 13, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default NB4L production buses

In message , at 07:09:47
on Thu, 25 Jul 2013, remarked:
Irrespective of where bought, the price of a secondhand car will include
an element of 'handing down' a portion of the VAT paid when it was new.

Indeed, and in a sense, the second-hand price will reflect the current 20%
VAT rate, not the possibly lower rate levied on the car when t was new.

Not really in my price range. My current car is a T reg.

I agree it's just as likely to be the VAT rate when the car was new.