Old July 25th 13, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Escalator etiquette

In message , at 13:18:14 on
Thu, 25 Jul 2013, Recliner remarked:

family decided to stop to have a discussion just before a moving
walkway. Other pax were swerving both sides of them, but they remained
impervious to the traffic jam they were causing.

Tourists often stop dead in their tracks at the top of escalators, or in
the town where I live a significant proportion of the residents stop
dead about a foot inside any shop they enter (and then again a foot
outside when they exit). And that's if they haven't stopped *in* the
doorway to have a conversation with someone.

I suppose you'd have to be new to the area to notice it.

Try that in most big cities and you'd be flattened!