Old July 26th 13, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default NB4L production buses

On 26/07/2013 06:25, Robin9 wrote:
David Cantrell;138034 Wrote:
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:58:39PM +0000, d
wrote:
-
Fair point. I have no issue with cycle paths, the more the merrier as
it
keeps them off the road. Better for all concerned.-

Of course, fitting such things into central London is ... well, we have
a special word for it.

That word is "impossible". All the space is already taken up by narrow
pavements and busy roads.

. . . which is why the real way to separate cyclists from other road
users is
for cyclists, as much as practicable, to use residential streets and
side roads,
and to use main roads only when there is no sensible alternative. Oh,
and at
busy junctions for cyclists to dismount and push their bikes.

The cyclists aren't usually causing a safety risk to other road users.
It would be safer to insist that motorists push their cars round junctions.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK