Old July 29th 13, 01:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default The Tube in the eighties

e27002 wrote:
On Wednesday, 24 July 2013 15:51:50 UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:20:31 +0100, Mizter T

wrote:

No, not Tyne Tees's contribution to popular culture in said decade, but

a photographic record of shenanigans on the capital's popular transport

mode:

http://spitalfieldslife.com/2013/07/19/bob-mazzer-on-the-tube/

Excellent photos! Familiar, but a world away now. Thanks for the

post.

It is hard to believe one was present then. These pictures are so
sickening; I almost changed my mind regarding the decline of western
civilization. Then I remembered, we had the wonderful years of
restoration during the Mulroney, Reagan, Thatcher John Paul II era.

I'm curious why you think western civilisation is declining? Isn't British
society freer, safer, healthier, longer-lived, less crime-afflicted, more
egalitarian, less-discriminatory, more integrated, and more secular than
ever? Regardless of their political complexion, British governments have
been pretty effective at moving us in the right direction. However, I'm not
sure what role, if any, Mulroney, Reagan or any pope played in this
progress.