Old April 8th 04, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default Local/Express bus routes

"Steve Dulieu" wrote in message

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Neil Williams wrote:

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 20:54:56 +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:

snipitty
The difference in bus and train fares seems to be a British thing - in
the German Verkehrsverbuende (like TfL or the PTEs) there is no
differential - your ticket is valid for a through journey, with
connections if desired, on any or all of the available modes of
transport. There isn't a "train fare" or a "bus fare", just a "public
transport fare".

Also extremely sensible. Ein Stadt, Ein Verkehrsverbund, Ein Fahrpreis!

tom

Funny you should say that, I have in front of me the current Munich public
transport map and printed beneath the MVV logo it has, "1 Netz. 1

Fahrplan.
1 Tarif."

As a comparison with UK pricing, an all zone one day ticket (called a

Single
Tageskarte - Gesamtnetz) is ?9.00, whilst the same ticket but valid for up
to 5 people (with children between 6 & 14 counting as half a person and
called a Partner Tageskarte - Gesamtnetz) is ?16.00. Which if my maths is
correct makes the one person ticket about 6 quid and about ten and a half
quid for the five person one, which, for a family is a bit of a bargin.

Thats 9 and 16 euros, knew it was a mistake to use the symbols...
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have