Old April 8th 04, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Gatwick to Heathrow

In article ,
(Mike Hughes) wrote:

In message , David
FitzGerald writes
I have an unholy set of flights booked from the US which culminates in
a transfer from Gatwick Airport to Heathrow Airport for the final leg
of my journey. I only have 3 hours between landing and take off of the
next flight (need 40 minutes check in) and I assume it will take me 40
minutes to get out of Gatwick. This leaves me with about an hour and a
half to get from LGW to LHR.

Can anyone advise me as to the best way to do this? I'm thinking taxi,
but those Checker Cabs guys at G

I am a London (black) taxi driver. I live in Worthing and it would only
take a very short diversion for me to pick you up on my way in to
London or Heathrow.

When are you arriving and at what time

Gatwick always have a laugh with prices. Last time it cost me £80 from
LGW home to Islington! Any viable public transport options?

That's about the normal price of a London taxi but I'm quite happy to
make a fixed price deal for less than that, depending on the time and
date.

A kind thought I'm sure, but would you care to comment on the feasibility
of the whole project? See the post querying the 40 minutes to get out of
Gatwick as well. Even without that complication 1 hour 40 minutes doesn't
seem that generous to me to get to Heathrow from Gatwick by road.

--
Colin Rosenstiel