Old July 31st 13, 04:56 PM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Figgis View Post
On 29/07/2013 18:03, Robin9 wrote:
Arthur Figgis;138085 Wrote:
On 28/07/2013 09:50, Robin9 wrote:-
Arthur Figgis;138080 Wrote:-
On 27/07/2013 10:01, Robin9 wrote:
-
Incidentally, many pedestrians would argue fiercely with your
assertion that cyclists are no danger to others. In London cyclists are
loathed more intensely by pedestrians than by motorists.-

Lots of people suffer from bizarre and irrational loathing for other
people. I find it is generally best to just ignore such people and get
on with my life.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK-

The authentic attitude of a London cyclist! Everyone else is out of
step, not me!-

So is irrational loathing the "authentic attitude" of London
non-cyclists - or just idiots? What about when the very same cyclists
are driving, or the motorists are cycling, or if they are all using the

dangleway?

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

You persist in missing the point. Pedestrians do not enjoy cyclists
driving illegally on pavements crashing into them.

(driving or riding?)

Um, does anyone enjoy that? It's never happened to me, but I assume it
is no fun - especially for the cyclist, who is liable to come off worse
in a collision. I suspect pedestrians might be even less happy with
motorists doing it, as it can prove fatal. However I'm not sure what
this has to do with anything; in general, most people disapprove of
people committing offences.

Plenty of cyclists don't approve of idiots illegally riding on the
pavement - not least because it seems to encourage the thicker sort of
"get orrf my road" motorist to think /all/ cyclists should be on the
pavement.

Nor do they like it when the cyclist refuses to apologise. Disliking such people
and such behavior is not "irrational loathing" at all.

So is it sensible to loathe tram passengers because a non-zero number
are angry racists?

When a cyclist is driving a motor vehicle, he is not at that moment a
cyclist.

So if a pedestrian decides to hire a Boris Bike on the spur of the
moment, does he then loathe himself, or does it become a task for other
people?

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
I assume when you're not cycling you are a politician. Only a politician would