Old August 2nd 13, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default NB4L production buses

On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 15:07:39 +0000 (UTC)
Adrian wrote:
those driving old or low emission cars should be restricted in the way
you want to restrict cyclists.

I want to "restrict" cyclists? Thats a nice contortion of logic there. Is there
a course you learn to do this on?

Don't obfuscate by saying that you've discussed the disabled and that
"they suffer enough already" (you patronising tit), or that old/LE

Thats patronising is it? Well I guess exempting them from VED is patronising
too since being disabled is hardly a lifestyle choice. Perhaps you should tell
them they don't need special treatment - until the fit men & women who cycle
all those miles to work. Yes , they obviously need to be exempt. Right?

vehicles shouldn't be exempt. They are, and it'll be staying. They are
the constraints in place, which we all have to work within and around.
Zero VED payable on bicycles is also staying. So... talk to me about the
restrictions you want to impose.

I honest to god have no idea where you're dredging this stuff up from but
you are VERY amusing. )

Looking back at some of your posts this does seem to be your modus operandi.
Take a simple clear statement and twist it around to something you want to
argue about.

Why do you do this? Is it because you can only argue on safe black and white
ground and can't cope with anything not within the strict parameters of your
views?

Is that the case?
* "Yes, it is"
* "No, it is not"

Or have you just not thought this through properly, in your rush to knee-
jerk away? Because you really don't want to actually come out and admit
your true reasons. You hate cyclists purely for their being cyclists, and
you want to punish them for it. You think they're lesser individuals, and
should be treated as such. Because you, in your car - you're more
important. But you're jealous of the ease they avoid traffic. Whatever.
Just have the balls to admit it, instead of being a coward.

Lets play Spot The Loaded Terminology, your starter for 10...

knee-jerk
hate
punish
lesser
jealous
coward

LMFAO! A whole barn full of straw men! ) I needed a good laugh this morning
and for that I'm very grateful!

So tell us , what exactly IS your problem - are you a poor put upon cyclist
who is championing his cause or are you just another sad crusty who'll jump on
any old band wagon that creaks to bang his tamborine? LOL )

--
Spud