Old August 2nd 13, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default NB4L production buses

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 11:17:02 +0000, spud-u-dont-like wrote:

those driving old or low emission cars should be restricted in the way
you want to restrict cyclists.

I want to "restrict" cyclists?

Well, that's certainly the impression I've got from what you've been
writing on the subject in this thread.

No, its not an impression "Adrian" , its you deliberately flipping the
logic on its head to score points.

Its no more restricting cyclists than expecting people to pay to use
public transport is "restricting" their movements.

So explain to me how not allowing cyclists to use numbered roads (without
additional requirements over the current situation) is not "restricting"
them?

How else should I interpret these quotes?

You think cyclists should not be able to use certain roads since they
do not pay to use the roads. Right?

Yup.

or

And whats more I'd insist cyclists had some sort of formal training
before they're allowed on B roads and above. If they want to potter
about in their own backstreets fine, but if they want to ride on a
numbered road they need a license.

or

bikes should pay road tax if the rider wishes to ride on numbered
roads

or

Bikes should pay some sort of tax to use the roads. End of.

Perhaps you could explain what you did mean, if not that cyclists should
be restricted?