Old August 2nd 13, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] neil@the.shed is offline

Default NB4L production buses

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 10:41:29 +0000 (UTC)
Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:29:34 +0000, neil wrote:

I've also got a large and very thirsty petrol 4x4, as well as a nice
sensible economical hatchback and three or four classic cars. And a
couple of old mopeds. And several bicycles.

Wow, someone must've left you a nice trust fund.

Yes, because that's the only possible solution you can come up for your
jealousy that not everybody's a wage slave in a grim suburb, isn't it?

Its not that grim and its in london. Where's you house? Oh , thats right,
according to your blog a while back you didn't even have one and were
squatting in the camper van. Nice. Showing your missus the high life eh?

The camper's worth the same as we paid for it, 40k miles and 2yrs ago.

Bugger all then to a normal person.

The 205 cost £100 four years ago - and regularly returns mid-40s mpg.
The 4x4 cost £800 with a year's MOT.
One moped was free, the other cost £100. They're each worth about £300
now.
One 2cv cost £100, one cost less than a grand, and she's owned the third
for 30 years next year. That one'd easily fetch £5k+ tomorrow, not that
it's for sale.

So in other words a load of pikey scrap sitting in a yard somewhere. Ok, I take
back my trust fund comment - I'd expected someone who posts to a driving group
to own at least 1 decent vehicle.

My bike cost me £50 20yrs ago. Her bike was bought off a national park's

Bought or nicked?

cycle-hire scheme. Her dad's classic racing bike'll be on eBay soon. Her
mother's gorgeous old Swedish bike's going to get restored soon.

Fascinating. *yawn*

I think you've just blown any eco credentials you had out the water
however.

What "eco credentials" are those, then? I've certainly never laid claim
to any.

Well you seem to champion cyclists and get all irate when someone dares to
suggest they should be taxed. Why would anyone other than a dyed in the wool
Cyclopath give a ****?

Its far more fun not telling.

Jesus. It's that embarrassing, eh?

Lets just say even at 5 years old its still worth more than all the scrap you
own combined.

NJR