Old August 15th 13, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default LU making passengers by extra tickets

"Piatkow" wrote in message

I think there might be some information missing from your post.

I can't understand why a LU revenue protection officer would have any
interest in taking an excess fare for a Chiltern Railways journey. Did she
get off at Amersham and leave the station?

First train was a met line train. She got that then wasn't sure what to do
at Amersham. When seeking assistance she was told the ticket was only valid
to Amersham. She called me and talked to the LU person. They repeated to me
that the ticket was only valid to Amersham. When I got to work I checked on
the internet and saw that £9.40 was the correct fare. When I saw the ticket
later it was clearly marked Wendover.

I can't understand why somebody would say that a ticket clearly marked
Wendover wasn't valid to Wendover. She didn't leave the station but she had
to go through the gate that the booking clerk opened so that she could seek
assistance from the booking staff as there was nobody on the platform. He
was reluctant to talk to me on the phone but my g/f insisted as she couldn't
understand him.

I can only assume that he was blind.