Old August 21st 13, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth[_2_] Peter Smyth[_2_] is offline

Default National Rail tickets beyond the Freedom Pass boundary

kenw wrote:

Q! Are we – and the Southern conductor – within thr rules, or was the
SWT interpretation correct?

Q2 Assuming we are correct, what are the "magic words" which we could
quote to avoid a PF?

TIA folks – and BTW I will post in the next few days a detailed
response doc re cashless bus ticketing.

By a strict reading of the rules, the conductor was correct, a ticket
from Surbiton is only valid on trains that stop at Surbiton, while a
ticket from Boundary Zone 6 woule be valid on any train.

In practice, I suspect the vast majority of staff would have accepted
it without a second glance, particularly as the fare from Boundary Zone
6 is exactly the same as the fare from Surbiton.

Peter Smyth