Old August 26th 13, 07:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default New platform at Blake Hall?

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:
Recliner wrote:

When passing the old Blake Hall station I noticed there seemed to be a
new
short platform in place - is the EOR planning to reactivate the station,
is
the owner of the building after a private halt or is this just
decoration?

The house owner also happens to be the owner of the whole EOR (did you
notice some of his vintage LT buses parked nearby?), so I guess he's free
to have his own private station on his train set.

I didn't spot the buses but we passed the station quite quickly and on the
return journey it was on the corridor side.

He's also building a new siding nearby. Perhaps that's where he plans to
stable his most interesting stock?

If you used the free vintage bus shuttle from Epping station, those are
his, too. If you travelled behind either 4953 Pitchford Hall or GWR Large
Prairie No. 4141, he owns those as well:
http://www.rail.co.uk/rail-news/2012...ongar-railway/