Old August 26th 13, 10:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default New platform at Blake Hall?

" wrote:
On 26/08/2013 19:56, Recliner wrote:
"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:
I finally took a trip on the Epping-Ongar Railway today. All in all quite a
pleasant experience.

When passing the old Blake Hall station I noticed there seemed to be a new
short platform in place - is the EOR planning to reactivate the station, is
the owner of the building after a private halt or is this just decoration?

The house owner also happens to be the owner of the whole EOR (did you
notice some of his vintage LT buses parked nearby?), so I guess he's free
to have his own private station on his train set.

It must be nice to have your own station. Do you still have to tap in and tap out?

This also reminds me of some apartment buildings where one or two
residents might have access to the lift, literally within their own flat.

Lots of CEOs have private lifts from their underground car parks so they
can avoid meeting not just the public, but even their own minions on the
way up to the executive suite.

On a related note, I'm always intrigued by hotel lifts with non-stop
floors, such as the mysterious fifth floor of the Yanggakdo hotel in
Pyongyang.
http://www.businessinsider.com/yangg...or-2013-4?op=1