Old August 30th 13, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default National Rail tickets beyond the Freedom Pass boundary

On 29/08/2013 23:50, Richard J. wrote:
Peter Lawrence wrote on 29 August 2013 21:31:23
So can I use a BZ6 to Reading extension on an FGW express now? I recall
this being banned in earler times.

That was when FGW only ran the express services out of Paddington, with
Thames Trains (later First Great Western Link) running the stopping
services. Since 2006 it's all been one franchise, so BZ6 to X tickets
are now valid on all FGW services.

Though FGW like to try and say they're not valid on HST services in the
evening peak.

An Off-Peak Day Single or Return from Boundary Zone 6 to Reading
Stations via Slough carries validity code W1 (Valid by any train except
those timed to depart before 09:30 Mondays to Fridays, excluding Public
Holidays).

An Off-Peak Return, on the other hand, carries Validity Code 5K which
*does* have the list of barred trains in the evening peak. Good innit?

Cheers,

Barry