Old September 1st 13, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
e27002 e27002 is offline

Default Thank you LU

On Sunday, 1 September 2013 11:23:41 UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 18:26:49 +0100

Mizter T wrote:

On 31/08/2013 17:30, d wrote:

For closing the entire section of the Nothern Line for the entire w/e.

Cheers for that. Very considerate.

Utter ******s.

Yeah, I hate the fact that they're upgrading the line so it'll be more

reliable, will run with more trains on it and will move more people.

Such idiots. It's almost as if they think they're in the mass

transportation business.

And there was me thinking they could test the upgrades in sections. You know,

like they did with the Victoria line? Or even - and I know this is a radical

idea for LU - but how about at night! Gasp! But no, close the entire central

section for the w/e, much less hassle for them.

TfL is far from perfect. But, on this one, they have it right. The Victoria Line switched from one automatic system to another, and it WAS closed some weekends. I know I was inconvenienced. The Northern is a complex network and is being automated for the first time.