Old April 9th 04, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

"Brimstone" wrote in message
"SJCWHUK" wrote in message

OK for starters you can add Stockholm to the
list of tube networks with disabled access.

But is it a tube?

The London Underground is described as a tube because
the deep level trains run through a 12ft od pipe into which
the train has been designed to fit using as much of the
space as possible. The Met and the District run in shallow
"cut and cover" (mostly) tunnels with the two roads side by
side. I suspect the Stockholm and others bear more
resemblance to the latter that to the tube railways proper.

Some or most of the Stockholm system was created by blasting tunnels through
solid rock, and the running tunnels and platform tunnels have largely been
left as bare rock.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped