Old September 5th 13, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default SEFT rollout

On 05/09/2013 20:47, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:07:23 -0700 (PDT), Matthew Dickinson
wrote:

On Thursday, 5 September 2013 19:01:04 UTC+1, Paul Corfield wrote:

I thought the Chancellor had doled out £45m to do the entire South
East - all TOCs and all bus companies. That's how I read the
announcement over a year ago (not that I can find on the government's
website after 1 hour of searching)!.

SEFT is purely rail.
The government did announce an increase in grants to bus operators
in England that fitted smartcard readers however.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/polici...mart-ticketing

Well I had found that but I am convinced that there was a separate
announcement from the DfT at the time of the 2011 Autumn Statement and
I think it has been pulled.

I am not disagreeing with you - you are clearly much closer to the
detail than I am. However I think there has been some judicious
editing of the press release library to remove the main announcements
about the £45m spend and the delivery deadlines (which aren't going to
be met). The impression created was of a seamless bus and rail scheme
but clearly the reality will be different.

Here are the Autumn Statement 2011 webpages on the (now defunct) HM
Treasury website, via the National Archives:

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20111202170206/http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/as2011_index.htm
or via http://preview.tinyurl.com/mk77ws4

There is a link to the "Autumn statement document in full" as a PDF:
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20130129110402/http://cdn.hm-treasury.gov.uk/autumn_statement.pdf
or via http://preview.tinyurl.com/l27kupf

Para 1.91 (page 32) contains a reference to the SEFT scheme (though not
by that name) - it reads...

---quote---
* the Government funding improvements to the quality of travel for rail
users, including £45 million to extend smart ticketing across London and
the South-East, £80 million to support the Southern Rail franchise’s
procurement of 130 new carriages, and £290 million to limit the increase
to regulated rail and Transport for London fares in January 2012 to the
Retail Prices Index (RPI) plus one per cent.
---/quote---

There's a handful of other reference to it as well (try searching the
PDF for "ticket").

There are further more detailed documents from the Autumn Statement 2011
on those archived webpages, which can be found he
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20111202170206/http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/as2011_documents.htm
or via http://preview.tinyurl.com/l7xmhh4