Old September 8th 13, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Thank you LU

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 18:12:28 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 19:20:57 +0200
Robin9 wrote:
d;138660 Wrote:
I think I'll just stick to the car in future.

--
Spud

You'll still need to check in advance. That "egotistical maniac" Boris
Johnson
may be holding one of his cycling festivals and fouling up huge sections
of the
road system.

Sadly you're probably right. You just can't make any plans for the w/e
in London anymore. This is the bloody UK capital and the largest city in
western europe yet transport wise it seems to be treated like some rural market
town at the weekends. As if 8 million people don't need to travel saturday
or sunday. Its pathetic.

Of course you can make plans. Tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of
people seem to manage every weekend. Yes there are sometimes events
that close down a few roads but they're publicised weeks and weeks in
advance with "klaxon alert" repeats in the days before hand.

If London was treated as a rural market town then there'd be no trains
and very few buses with the shops closed and perhaps a dozy cricket
match going on. That hardly describes the borough I live in never
mind the entire City.

I think we all understand the basis of your and Robin's complaints but
we cannot do anything to change the situation. Both of you need to
vote for the "miserable git and zero investement and repair" candidate
at the next Mayoral Election. That way your journeys won't be
interrupted by events or works but the City will have a nicely
decaying infrastructure and more miserable population and decliing
tourism revenues. Sounds like a plan to me!

I'm assuming Spud is Boltar?