Old April 9th 04, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default How many stations in London?

Robin May wrote:
I've been wondering how many metro style stations there are in
London. This includes every tube station, the DLR, national rail
lines like the North London line and the south London commuter
lines that are included in the Overground Network. Does anyone know
how many stations there are, or where I might be able to find out
(other than by counting them all on a map!)?

Depending how strict your definition of "metro-style" is, it might be
quicker to count the stations on the London Connections map, and
subtract those that don't qualify. Some London Connections maps have an
index of stations (including the one I bought at the LT Museum shop).

It's not sensible IMO to count only the ON lines in south London, as ON
is at present a pilot scheme covering only 4 services.
--
Richard J.