Old September 12th 13, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Barclays Cycle Hire update

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:39:12 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
I walked from Liverpool St to a hotel quite close to Tower Gateway
station earlier this week. I didn't take the tube to Aldgate [to reduce
the walk] as I wasn't convinced it would be quicker.

En-route, I don't recall seeing any Boris-bike-racks at all, although
perhaps I tune them out.

You could hire a bike from Wormwood Street (at the junction with Liverpool
Street). There are a few docks around Tower Gateway but as an example if
I was going to the Grange Tower Bridge hotel I'd dock the bike on Leman
street, just north of the junction with Prescot Street. You wouldn't pass
either of those docks if you walked between the end points but they are
short detours.

Not much fun cycling round the Aldgate gyratory though.