Old September 16th 13, 07:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_3_] Basil Jet[_3_] is offline

Default Kentish Town

On 2013\09\16 05:37, Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2013\09\16 00:12, Recliner wrote:

Regarding the cost, I wonder if the property developers of the northern
Kings Cross area would be prepared to make a hefty contribution?

I don't. Getting developers to fund new platforms as a condition for
planning permission is hard enough, getting them to realign a railway as
an afterthought is not going to happen.

We're still waiting for the Central Line platforms at Park Royal!

True, but the office developments in that area have stalled. Two buildings
up, only one occupied (by Diageo itself). I thought the Central line
platforms weren't required until more buildings were completed?

Well yeah, I wasn't suggesting that they had broken the rules. Some
people suggested at the time that the platforms plan was a hoax from the
start and that the proposed seven office buildings were never intended
to be built at all. I wasn't aware that one of the buildings was sitting
empty though... that pours cold water on the hoax idea.