Old September 16th 13, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Kentish Town

In message , at 22:38:17 on
Sun, 15 Sep 2013, Paul Corfield remarked:
I thought that they were seriously looking at the prospect of
reactivating York Way.

I can't see where the tens of millions of pounds would come from to
reconstruct it so it met modern standards. I suspect that any
opportunity to secure S106 payments from nearby development has been
lost. I agree there the scale of investment north of Kings Cross
could generate very considerable extra patronage but it seems all the
money for rail has gone into the south end of the development.

And I suspect they gain comfort from the Northern Ticket Hall, with one
of its entrances specifically for the "lands" beyond.

The fact it's rather a long walk from there to any of the tube lines,
other than perhaps the Northern, isn't enough for them to untick the
"job done" box.