Old September 22nd 13, 08:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default London bus apps

wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 20:39:09 +0100
Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

Don't bother with the buses, they hardly ever show up on time, are slow,
uncomfortable and are usually full of scum especially at night. Use the tube.
If you have to use a bus in London then you've messed up your journey
planning somehow.

As you presumably never use uses, how do you know?

Just to balance your diatribe, I arrived in Heathrow this evening from
Barcelona. The nearly full BA flight left and arrived early, the food was
edible and filling and the G&T (yes, in economy) was served quickly and
efficiently. Heathrow T5 was working smoothly with no passport delays and
the luggage was delivered fairly promptly. About my only complaint is that
the baggage trolley had slightly wobbly wheels.

I just missed one Tube, but the next ran on time and it at least meant I
was able to choose my seat. I had to change Tube trains en route, and as I
had a heavy suitcase, used the lifts, which were working and ready for me.
I got a seat on the next Tube train, too, and finally needed to get a bus
home. It arrived dead on time, was clean and uncrowded. The bus driver even
waited till I'd safely stowed my suitcase before moving off.

I didn't come across any scummy fellow passengers on the plane, Tubes or
bus -- everyone was polite and cooperative. So, even on a Sunday, all my
public transport arrangements worked perfectly.