Old September 23rd 13, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default London bus apps

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 23:14:32 +0100, Tony Dragon
wrote:

On 22/09/2013 20:09, d wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 20:39:09 +0100
Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

Don't bother with the buses, they hardly ever show up on time, are slow,
uncomfortable and are usually full of scum especially at night. Use the tube.
If you have to use a bus in London then you've messed up your journey
planning somehow.

Can anybody think of any areas of London that don't have tube or train
coverage?

There are plenty of places that are considerable distances from rail
connections. There are also plenty of areas that are more than 400
metres from a bus stop (TfL's own planning standard) and that's before
you ask yourself the question as to whether their nearest bus service
offers a practical choice in terms of places served and frequency
offered.

Yes, I live around 650m from the nearest bus stop (with one bus route), and
about 1.2 km from the nearest Tube station.