Old October 5th 13, 12:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Driverless Trains

On 05/10/2013 13:18, Richard J. wrote:
Roland Perry wrote on 05 October 2013 09:54:35 ...
In message , at 23:51:57 on Fri, 4 Oct 2013,
" remarked:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-Tube-future-2
1st-century-vision-London-train-goes--offering-30-space-air-conditioning
.html

That has to be the ugliest front end on a train ever devised.

I don't find it particularly ugly, quite elegant in a way, but what I
find odd is that this driverless train doesn't appear to let passengers
sit at the front, as on the DLR and the Paris Metro driverless trains.

I was also wondering about that and hope that this mock up will not turn
out to be the way of things.

The Nuremberg U-Bahn's U-3 line also allows passengers front views.

No side windows near the front, and a dark front. So if it's not a
driver's cab, what is it? If it's a bolthole for the passenger service
agent to use when the train is crush-loaded, how does he get there (no
separate side door)?

Perhaps there won't be a PSA, as there is not in Lille, Toulouse, Paris,
Rennes, Brescia or Copenhagen?